We invite you to participate in a Recovery Simulation on April 20 at 1 PM at Easy Does It, Inc in Leesport. Fill out the form below to volunteer or participate.
What is a Recovery Simulation?
A Recovery Simulation is an event that helps participants experience and better understand the many challenges faced by those in early recovery from substance use disorder.
How it Works?
- It is a three-hour event involving about 40 participants
- Participants are given a “Life Card” representing a person in early recovery.
- They must then complete all the tasks on the card by visiting tables manned by volunteers.
- Tasks may include: Appearing in court, meeting with a probation officer, applying for social services, visiting a career center, working odd jobs, borrowing money, relying on public transportation, etc.
- Following the simulation, participants will have the opportunity to discuss their experiences.
Who Should Attend?
- Criminal justice and human services professionals
- Educators and school administrators
- College students in a related field
- Legislators and faith-based leaders
- Anyone wishing to understand the challenges of early recovery
Want to join us?
Fill out the form below and let us know if you’d like to join as a participant or a volunteer, responsible for running a table. We’d also love your help recruiting participants! For more information please contact Jackie Steed at email@example.com; (610)376-8669 ext 107.
Recovery Simulation Event Registration