Please note: This event is now full! Please check back in the spring for future events.
What is a Recovery Simulation?
A Recovery Simulation is an event that helps participants experience and better understand the many challenges faced by those in early recovery from substance use disorder.
Click here to learn about our last Recovery Simulation in April 2023
How it Works?
- It is a 2.5-hour event involving about 40 participants
- Participants are given a “Life Card” representing a person in early recovery.
- They must then complete all the tasks on the card by visiting tables manned by volunteers.
- Tasks may include: Appearing in court, meeting with a probation officer, applying for social services, visiting a career center, working odd jobs, borrowing money, relying on public transportation, etc.
- Following the simulation, participants will have the opportunity to discuss their experiences.
Who Should Attend?
- Criminal justice and human services professionals
- Educators and school administrators
- College students in a related field
- Legislators and faith-based leaders
- Anyone wishing to understand the challenges of early recovery
For more information please contact Jackie Steed at email@example.com; (610)376-8669 ext 107.
This event is made possible, in whole or in part, by funds received through the Berks County Opioid Settlement Agreement.